Professor Areerat Suputtitada, M.D.
Specialty:- Pain management
Languages Spoken:- Thai, English
Education Background:1991: Medical Degree, Faculty of Medicine , Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
2008: Mini MBA in Health, Chulalongkorn University and king Chulalongkorn Memorial hospital Bangkok, Thailand
Advanced Training:1993: Diploma, Basic course on sport medicine
International Federation of Sport Medicine, Bangkok, Thailand
1995: Diploma Botulinum toxin injection by EMG guide in management of spasticity and various movement disorders
1995 : DiplomaPain and Neurological Rehabilitation Mount Sinai Medical Center, Mount Sinai University Hospital, New York,
1995: Diploma Management of spasticity and various movement disorders Colorado Neurological Institute, Colorado, USA
1996: Diploma Gait, Movement analysis and Dynamic EMG Vienna University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
2006: Certificate of training course in:
Research Ethic Western IRB, Seattle, USA
2009: Motion capture in movement analysis
Qualysis Co.& Various Hospitals, Sweden
2009: Wireless dynamic EMG in movement analysis Mega Co. .& Various Hospitals, Finland
2009: Certificate in “gait analysis course” Gait and Clinical Movement Analaysis Society,London,England
Board Certification:1994: Thai Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Award / Achievement:University and Hospital Level:
-The best researcher of Ratchadapiseksompotch Award of the Year 2002 from Chulalongkorn University:The project “ Effectiveness of Neurorehabilitation at Thai Red Cross Rehabiliatation Center”
-The best researcher of Ratchadapiseksompotch Award of the Year 2003 from Chulalongkorn University:The project” “Effectiveness of constraint-induced movement technique of unaffected upper extremity in chronic stroke patients”
-The best researcher of Ratchadapiseksompotch Award of the Year 2004 from Chulalongkorn University.The project :“The clinical trial to find the lowest effective dose of botulinum toxin type A in upper limb spasticity of cerebral palsied children”
-Research Award: The project “Effectiveness of low dose botulinum toxin in various movement disorders” from King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital in the Year 2004.
-Ratchdapiseksompotch Fund Award for Professorship from Chulalongkorn University in the year 2006
-Award of excellence in Scientific Work from Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University in the year 2009
-Excellent Scientific Award:The Project “ Spasticity and Dystonia Clinic” from Royal Colleage of Thai Rehabiliation Medicine Association in the Year 2001.
-Research Award: The project “Local botulinum toxin type A injections in the treatment of spastic toes.” from Royal Colleage of Thai Rehabiliation Medicine association in the Year 2003
-Research Award: The project “Effectiveness of low dose botulinum toxin in the treatment of spasticity in adult patients.” from Royal Colleage of Thai Rehabiliation Medicine association in the Year 2003.
-Research Award: The project “Effect of exercise in pregnancy on maternal and fetal health” from Royal Colleage of Thai Rehabiliation Medicine association in the Year 2003.
-Excellent Research Award: The project “Effect of exercise in pregnancy on maternal and fetal health” from Ministry of Health in the Year 2004.
-Excellent Research Award: The project “Effectiveness of constraint-induced movement therapy in chronic stroke patients ” from Royal Colleage of Thai Rehabiliation Medicine Association in the Year 2004
-International Speaker Award from Toxin Society in the year 2008
-Award of excellence :The project “Vibratory sensory testing in carpal tunnel syndrome: correlations with electrodiagnostic parameters and disease severity” from 2009 Asean Oceanian Congress of Neurophysiology on April 14-18,2009
Publication & Presentation:Neurological Rehabilitation:
- Suputtitada A., Saguanrungsirikul S. Conventional gait analysis in elderly. Proceeding in Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society Congress 2009,285.
- Suputtitada A, Bhidayasiri R, Charoensantiurai U. Effect of stair-walking exercise in Parkinson
patients. Mov Disord 2009 (in press)
- Suputtitada A., Saguanrungsirikul S. Gait analysis in elderly: comparison between computerized and conventional analysis.J Neurol Sci 2009 ;285(Suppl1):S76.
- Poonyachot T, Suputtitada A. The treatment of ankle spasticity in stroke patients with 50% alcohol in water injection. J Thai Rehabil 2005 ; 15 (1) :21-29.
- Achareeyakul S,Kittisomprayoonkul W, Suputtitada A.Upper extremity complications in acute stroke patients. Chula Med J 2008;52(1):13-24.
- Suputtitada A, Massakulpan P, Aksaranugraha S.Sensitivity of distal median sensory latency of middle finger in early detection of carpal tunnel syndrome. Muscle & Nerve 2009;40(4):701.
- Reakatanan C. Suputtitada(Anannontsak) A. Bunnag Y. Normal value of medial and lateral plantar nerve at Chulalongkorn Hospital. J Thai Rehabil 1999; 8(3): 248-54.
- Suputtitada A, Aksaranukraha S, Aksorntung S, Theppabutr A. Effectiveness of Double TENS in Mild to Moderate Knee Osteoarthritis. Proceedings of the 4th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (4th ISPRM); 2007 June 10-15; Seoul,Korea.
- Suputtitada A. Three case reports of using botulinum toxin type A in chronic myofascial pain syndromes. J Thai Rehabil 2001;11(1):35-41.
- Suputtitada A, Wacharapreechanont T,Chaisayan P. Effect of the “Sitting pelvic tilt exercise” during the third trimester in primigravidas on back pain. J Med Assoc Thai 2002;85 (Suppl 1):S170-9.
- Suputtitada A, Kanshana S., Leetongin S., Pinmuang-Ngam C., Lamlertkittikul S, Tachachainirun S,et als. Effect of exercise during pregnancy on maternal and fetal health. Ministry of Public Health 2003;1:1-340.
- Suputtitada, A, Janwantanakul. P, Lawsirirat. C and Tongterm. T. A design and development of an electronic Lower body strength and endurance testing equipment for elderly. International conference on Sports & Exercise Science, Centara Duangtawan, Chiang Mai, Thailand (in press)
- Suputtitada, A, Janwantanakul. P, Lawsirirat. C and Tongterm. T. Construction of skill-related physical fitness test for elderly. Proceedings of the SAT Sports Science Presentation, Sports Authority of Thailand, 2-4 September 2010, SC Park Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. (Accept)
- Kijsirikul A, Suputtitada A,Aksaranugraha S. The pilot study of relationship in using Ocimum Canum Linn Seeds ( Hairy Basil) in replacement of dinner and lipid profile. J Thai Rehabil 2001;11(1):22-28.
Hospital Privileges / Affiliation- King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok
Member of Club & Association:2005-2009: Institutional Review Board (IRB) Member and Secretary, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
2004-2005 and 2009-Present: Institutional Review Board (IRB), Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
2007-present : ISPRM ( International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine) Board of Governors
2010-present : Chulalongkorn University Faculty Senate